Monday, December 5, 2011

Im engaged!

Hello everyone! As im sure most of you know ive recently had a huge change in my life and will be starting a new chapter in life with my now fiance Andrew! Andrew after almost 5 years proposed to me in front of the sleeping beauty castle in Disneyland last Friday. Ive had a ton of questions about the proposal and will be answering some of those questions at the end of this blog. For starters ill run you through my day on Friday which will include a ton of photos so please allow your browser some time to download them all for viewing! Below is a quick look into the outfit I coordinated for Friday! (The fabric on this dress wrinkles so easily! please excuse how awful it looks! (>_<)



  • Shoes, DSW
  • Dress, Urban Exchange
  • Peacoat, Angl
  • Nylons, Express
  • Accessories & Handbag, Aldo
Friday morning I woke up to the shock that my favorite Japanese store Shibuyas Closet would be closing its retail store and reopening a new one 2013. Because of this the store was having steep discounts I found too difficult to pass up. I raced to get ready while having andrew plan out in the background our night which included dinner with friends and Disneyland. I scoured a huge haul from shibuyas and grabbed a ton of swag Ive been wanting for months for a complete steal. I will be posting a separate blog including all of my purchases after I make one last visit tomorrow for a little more shopping. After my mini shopping spree we headed to the cheesecake factory to enjoy dinner with some friends but not before we stopped and surprised my best friend Christina at her work, Benefit Cosmetics. I always love poking around friends work to see them in action, its such a fun new point of view seeing them do their thing. Christina (whome I call Stina for short) was so cute and as usual looked amazing.
Afterwards we headed to the cheescake factory for some delicious drinks and my favorite dish, chipotle chicken pasta YUM! Annette and her friend Shy joined us and it all made for a good time!
Deer in headlights much? I am so not photogenic these days (-_-*)

Annete and Shy.

Upon leaving dinner it was already about 9:00pm so I was hesitant to even go to Disneyland until Andrew talked me into it. The plan was to meet our friend Steve and two of his friends there for a few rides and what not. Now this is where everyone wonders if I suspected anything and to tell you the truth no, I didnt. However, every year a little part of me thinks it will happen when we stand in front of the lit castle, Andrew knew that was my absolute dream place for having it happen. While on the way to a ride with our friends I pulled Andrew aside to take some quick snaps of the castle lights. After taking the photos and nothing happened I knew a proposal was all in my head and carried on to the next location.


 By the time we finished our third ride the park was closing and we wanted to get a few quick photos in front of the castle and Christmas tree at the front of the park. We headed over to the left side of the castle took a few photos when Andrew turned to me shaking and whispering how nervous he was. At this point I was really confused I didn't really process what was going on until he started telling me how much he loved me and that he was sorry for making me wait so long. Once again I was confused and shocked until he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I don't remember putting the ring on my finger all I remember is crying and holding him telling him how happy I was. It was such a surreal moment, something Ive never felt before. It felt like a dream and so unreal for those brief seconds. I soon learned that the proposal was intended to happen on my 23rd birthday which would have been Dec. 7th. After Andrew saw the opportunity to have our good friend take photos of the moment he opted to do it even sooner. The night was magical, perfect and indescribable. I knew that Andrew was going to be the one I married I just had no idea when that day would come or how this moment would occur. Since that night Ive had nothing but love and support by everyone I know. I know Ive found the person Im going to spend forever with and its such an amazing beginning to something even better.
Shocked face LOL  (゜◇゜)
Crying tears of joy! 

The happy couple newly engaged YAY! (*´▽`*) 


The ring was exactly was I would have picked out myself! Ive never liked rings with a lot going on and the more simple the more elegant in my eyes. Andrew and his mom did and excellent job at finding something that truly spoke to me. As far as wedding details there aren't a whole lot. The wedding wont be for at least a year from now and as of right now spring 2013 is what we have our eyes on. As progress on details go, ill make to keep you updated. Thank you again for all of the love and support from everyone who has been kind enough to send it. This is such a happy time for us both and we are so appreciative!

2 comments:

  1. Congradulations again Jacquelyne! Andrew did a beautiful job planning out how to propose to you. I love how he picked the side of the castle than the front. Too many people choose the front. Plus you had the beautiful plants in the background and no one photo bombing your speacial moment. It truely looks like it was in front of a real castle. Wish I had photos of my proposal :( Smart decision of Andrew to have someone there. Oh and I forgot to mention (I'm the one who said I've been with my beau 5 years before proposing) he got me a princess cut diamond also :) my ring is a vintage style ring absolutly beautiful. Is'nt it just weird to have a ring on your finger, takes awhile to get use to it. Well can't wait to see your wedding details. I still need to plan mine. I did buy my wedding cake topper already though :) it's Cinderella and Prince Charming. I too am a Disneyland lover. I have a annual pass too! I'm planning a winter wedding! Maybe we can help eachother with wedding ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, you have a blog (stumbled upon it as a follower on twitter)! Congratulations on your engagement, Jacquelyne! I wish nothing but amazing and happy moments to you and Andrew! Truly a magical proposal! A fairy tale wedding is up next, I suppose? :)

    Congratulations again!

    http://theowlbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete