Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy 23rd Birthday to me!

Friday I celebrated my 23rd birthday, it was a close affair with just my best friend and fiance Andrew. I worked early morning and thanks to my frisky cats, little sleep was to be had. Any fellow cat owner can share my pain of a wild cat running around in the wee hours of the morning singing and meowing like a frantic cat looking for attention. Anyway, at around 7:00pm we headed to none other than the Cheescake Factory. Tried a new pasta dish which claims to be their most popular, I believe it was their cajun jambalaya. It was ok, but nothing I would order again. I opted to not include the shrimp as I do not eat any sea creatures lol I also tried a pineapple mojito which turned out not to impress, none the less it wasn't terrible.

 On the way back to the car I lost an earring and this is my silly attempt at trying to find it >.<

Afterwards we headed back to our apartment to devour the ice cream cake we ordered from dairy queen. When I was younger I only wanted ice cream cakes from dairy queen and for whatever reason I really wanted one this year as well, I guess old habbits never die.



 Just me, murdering the pink snow man O_o
 And then...regretting the crime...
But then luckily my fellow snowman murderer stepped in and "finished the job" ^_~
And what kind of mother would I be if I didn't let the kitties get a little whip cream?

All in all it was a good birthday, Its strange getting older though, I still sometimes wish I could go back in time and have slumber parties with all of my friends. I suppose in order to achieve new things in your life you have to let go of some of the older pleasantries of being a child. Bitter sweet really, but I am able to accept them and move onto other amazing things in my life and that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment